RISE Internship Scheme
The RISE internship scheme is a ground-breaking initiative in Sheffield that started in early 2013. The pilot scheme finished with tremendous success, and we ran ten further cohorts in 2014 - 2016. We are delighted to announce that RISE 2017 is now live and that the scheme has been extended up to 2019, providing an opportunity to deliver nine new RISE cohorts.
To date, the project team has provided over 300 SMEs (small to medium enterprise with up to 250 employees) across the city region with support and funding to employ around 500 graduates. The internships are for a minimum of six months and both the businesses and the graduates are supported by the RISE team throughout this time with development events, site visits and support for their internal training.
The RISE campaign has surpassed all expectations, both with the range and number of businesses involved and also from the Graduate applicants keen to remain in the city region and kick start their career.
To be eligible to apply to RISE you will need to be an SME with less than 250 employees that doesn’t routinely recruit graduates, or is looking to recruit graduates into different types of roles. You can come from any sector. You are likely to be experiencing a period of growth or demanding circumstances that would justify taking on a talented graduate. If there is an opportunity for a graduate to be employed long term, then even better.
The scheme is funded by the three core partners: the University of Sheffield, Sheffield Hallam University and Sheffield City Region. All roles will be based in the Sheffield City Region.
If you offer a graduate an opportunity through RISE you will get:
- The support of a graduate recruitment/development consultant from end-to-end
- Support to create a job specification, for which we will write an advert for you to approve
- A development scheme designed for you, tailored to your business needs
- Job advertising as part of the high profile RISE campaign that runs across the region
- Screening of the application forms and running assessment centres
- A shortlist of candidates to interview
- A training and development event for your graduate to prepare for 'the world of work’ (as appropriate)
- A £1,000 one-off wage subsidy (if you are new to RISE)
- A business mentor experienced at developing graduates (if you’d like one)
- Networking/development events
- Positive press through case studies and PR
If you would like to register interest in employing a RISE graduate, or to find out more about eligibility, please contact us.