Top names to attend UK’s biggest entrepreneur event
20 June 2014
A line-up of top speakers will appear at the UK’s biggest event for entrepreneurs and small business leaders this autumn.
More than 3,000 delegates are expected to attend MADE: The Entrepreneur Festival 2014 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 September 2014.
They will gather to hear a range of success stories and business wisdom from some of the most inspiring entrepreneurs of recent years, including:
• Levi Roots, the colourful musician and food entrepreneur who famously won Dragons’ Den investment in his Reggae Reggae Sauce products and has since become a multi-millionaire.
• Michelle Mone OBE, the Scottish model turned lingerie entrepreneur who launched and owns the successful Ultimo bra range.
• Jamal Edwards, whose youth broadcasting channel SB.TV has grown into a global brand with more than 150 million YouTube views, documenting a new breed of video stars.
• Doug Richard, successful software businessman, former Dragon from Dragons’ Den, and founder of SchoolForStartups, teaching entrepreneurs across the world.
• Shaa Wasmund, best-selling business author, entrepreneur and founder of the Smarta, the social enterprise company that offers business support.
• Rekha Mehr, founder of posh London baker Pistachio Rose, and now Start up Entrepreneur in Residence for the Department of Business, Innovation & Skills.
• Wayne Hemingway MBE, fashion designer and co-founder of Red or Dead brand.
MADE delegates will also enjoy a new presentation from self-improvement expert Paul McKenna, who will share practical, easy to implement success strategies with the audience.
And Mark Easton, the BBC’s home editor, will chair a panel of business leaders and entrepreneurs to discuss ‘What makes a great entrepreneur and how do we make more of them?’
All these speakers will be appearing at the MADE for Success Conference held at Sheffield City Hall on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 September, with guidance on building a brand, managing growth and leadership management.
Brendan Moffett, Director of Marketing Sheffield, said: “MADE is the UK’s biggest and best celebration of entrepreneurship and this line up of top speakers will make it a valuable, must-attend event for new businesses.
“We hope to attract more than 3,000 entrepreneurs, business owners and managers to Sheffield for a host of engaging conference sessions, events and exhibitions, providing the best advice, knowledge and support to accelerate business growth.
“Since it was established in 2010, MADE has become a major event for entrepreneurs, attracting leaders from business, government and the media. It puts a real focus on educating young entrepreneurs and we’re working with local schools, Sheffield College, Sheffield Hallam University, and the University of Sheffield to attract high numbers of young people.”
As well as the MADE for Success Conference, the wider MADE festival includes numerous specialist fringe events during the week of 22-26 September, including an exhibition and Gala Dinner.
The week-long series of events is being organised by business services provider BE Group, under licence from Sheffield City Council, with Irwin Mitchell, Sheffield Hallam University, the University of Sheffield and Sheffield College all on board as key festival partners.
Alastair MacColl, BE Group Chief Executive, said: “MADE is one of the UK’s most important business events and we’re really pleased to have attracted so many high-profile business men and women to share their success stories. MADE 2014 promises to be the best yet.’’
MADE is back, and better than ever before! Tickets are now on sale for this years feature conference, and until 30th June you can purchase your seat at the event at a special early bird price. Using the following promo code you can purchase tickets for MADE 2014 for a 25% discount - only £36 (inc VAT) or £18 (inc VAT) for concessions. This early bird discount code will be available until 30 June and is offered on a first come first served basis
Discount Code: UUT73171
To book tickets for MADE: The Entrepreneur Festival www.madefestival.com/register