The Sheffield City Strategy, 2010-2020 identifies a vision for the city...
By 2020, Sheffield will be a city of global significance; distinctive, successful, inclusive, vibrant and sustainable.
A great city, where people from across the world want to live, learn, work, invest and visit.
There are five key ambitions and it is recognised that the city needs to work hard to achieve this vision. Agreement has been reached to focus on delivering five key ambitions for Sheffield:
- Distinctive - celebrating and communicating to people across the world the distinctive and authentic character of Sheffield, what the city has to offer and the sense of pride local people have in the city and its communities.
- Successful - building a strong, internationally successful local economy, working with our partners within the Sheffield City Region to ensure that local industry and businesses trade with companies from across the world.
- Inclusive - a city which ensures that everyone has a chance to succeed and fulfil their potential, and where people feel welcomed, valued and can fully participate in the life of the city.
- Vibrant - celebrating diversity, creativity, energy and innovation in Sheffield and ensuring that the city continues to be an international destination of choice, offering the highest quality cultural, shopping and sporting activities.
- Sustainable - a city where everyone plays their part to ensure that future generations can enjoy the city and its surrounding areas, and that Sheffield plays a role on the international stage in protecting our environment.